Sunday, December 1, 2013

Digital Storyboarding

     Last week's class was all about making a digital story. I have never done anything like this and was worried that it might be as difficult as working with the smartboard technology. However, I was pleasantly surprised after I started working with the I movie application. The hardest part of this project for me was coming up with a good choral music idea to use in a  story. After I came up with the idea to do a story on solfegge, the ideas started coming. After class Monday night, I knew I had a lot of work to do if this project was going to be finished up by next week.
So, on Wednesday I went in before and after my classes and spent about 4 hours finding and inserting the images I wanted. After Googling how to get a soundtrack from a Youtube video and being successful with that part, I started putting the images and music together. Because I couldn't find enough matching hand symbols I made my own. I did find out that unless you have images set to go through the length of the soundtrack clip, it will cut itself off at the last image. It took me a very long time adjusting clip lengths and transition lengths to make things match up. It was a bit frustrating when I set a length on one picture and one transition to have those reset anytime I adjusted or inserted anything else. So, just setting the length once was not enough, I had to go back time and again to readjust each picture and transition. I was excited about what I had accomplished before I headed home to get ready for the Thanksgiving family crowd! I think all I have left is to figure out how to clip a huge chunk of music out so I can just use the ending, and I know I will get help to finish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment