Sunday, November 17, 2013

Digital diagramming

So last week's assignment was to make a digital diagram. I had not ever done anything like this before, but found it rather fun once I got started. I started with the idea of voice types, both traditional and extending to the German opera "fach" system and took off from there. It was fairly simple to find the information necessary to make the diagram and to insert it onto the page. Playing with the different colors and font sizes was also fun. Overall, this was an activity I could and would do again and can see how it would be easy to use in a classroom to brainstorm, or plan a program with related music, or even to find pieces related to a specific theme. It was quick and easy and most importantly, intuitive to use- all of which made it more enjoyable than the previous activity with the interactive white board.
Addendum 12/09/2013:
  With all of the above said, when I went to submit my final for SPED 402, I needed a digital diagram of something, so where do you think I went? You are correct if you said to the computer lab. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this stuff on my home computers and we don't have the fancy programs available here, so I spent a lot of time on this computer over the last week and a half working on projects for more than one class. I resized pictures to do a poster board presentation, I found images that could be printed and used, and then I made this cool diagram- although it did not translate well in transfer. I couldn't figure out how to get it out of inspiration and copy it to something else without losing lots of size. Anyway, here's my cool diagram about academic language (which is too small to read!)


No comments:

Post a Comment