Last week we worked on creating an inquiry based activity on our wiki page that we have been learning with. This was an overwhelming assignment when I first started it, but as I got into it I found that I was really enjoying what I was doing and wanted to do a little more. I actually plan to go back to that page and add a few more listening links. Our music education back row had a great time finding humorous pictures relating to our composers and sharing them with one another! I can see how these kinds of activities could be a great way to reinforce lessons taught in a more traditional way and would also be a way to differentiate instruction for those who learn in other ways.
I also learned how to create a Google form to use with my community band and put it into use last week to collect data on future dates for concert and member availability. I have decided that technology can actually offer some wonderful tools to ease our workload and simplify some of the things we already do. I plan on using a questionnaire for my Messiah chorus and orchestra as I schedule the rehearsals around instrumental availability! I'm also working on a research project for my ethno-musicology course and will use this as part of the interview process.
I'm getting excited to learn more ways to use technology in the classroom and in all spheres of life to help make the things I already do easier on an organizational level.
No comments:
Post a Comment