Tonight's activity was on using digital technology and making a slideshow. We did just fine working together as a group in finding and resizing the images of the instruments we needed and that was even fun as we each did resizing and putting into folders and out of folders to make the slideshow.
However, when I tried to get to my album, I could not access it through picasa because google+ now takes over all your photos and it opened to the page with all my photos! Jeff had to do some serious voodoo to help me get this album to my website page where it really needs to reside. I found this very irritating with the proprietary elements of Google.
I also captioned all of my photos, and when it transferred into the slideshow the bass clarinet's label jumped off! I did learn how to find and resize photos and even save them into a folder, so that's a lot of progress for me tonight. I also learned how to take a screenshot on this computer, which is a MAC, but I will definitely have to practice this on my own computer at home as it's a PC.
Kind of crazy, but I guess it works. Not as intuitive as I would have liked, but I will definitely need to practice more with this digital technology if I want to use it in classrooms!
No comments:
Post a Comment