Monday, September 16, 2013

About me...
I am NOT one of the younger generation who has grown up with computers. In fact, in my first college experience at BYU I actually flunked a computer programming class because I couldn't figure out how to write an "if/then" loop in Fortran. For most people reading this blog, the above probably sounds like Greek (or whatever language you are unfamiliar with) as it did, and still does to me!

I really hope to become more comfortable with technology during this class, as it is one of my areas of fearfulness and trepidation. When I am confronted with instructions for creating things on the computer, my brain just seems to freeze up! I know this doesn't help, but as I see those around me clicking away on their mouse and keyboard and things magically seem to appear in order I become frustrated as I fear falling behind and never catching up.


1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I recall the "if/then" days! The good news is "today's technology" is more user friendly with "click and drag" options. You no longer need to be able to do all of the "behind the scenes" commands as required in early technology days. In today's tech world once you get the basic operations down you will be able to do things that once required vast computer knowledge. All of that to say "hang in there"! I promise you will leave this course with new confidence and ability to do all you will need to do! Keep trying and let me know whenever you hit the "frustration level."

    ReplyDelete